<
Home  Location Administration  Industries
An Official website of Collector, Nashik

History

Overview of District

Sinhastha Kumbh Mela

Places for Tourist

People's Representatives

S.T. Bus Schedule

Railways Schedule

Services

Photo Gallery

Maps Of District

IMP Telephone Numbers

NIC Nashik

Other Weblinks

Famous Personalities

Right to Information

 Web Based Projects

Beneficiary List of SGY

BLO List for Nashik District

District Gazetteer-Nashik

DIC ZUM Meeting (Minutes)

Disaster Management Plan

State Level Bankers Committee - Nashik

View Property Card

Information about DIC Schemes

Rainfall upto 31/10/2012

DAM Storage Information

PDS Information

Citizen Charter





The territory now included in Nasik district was formerly partly in Khandesh district and partly in Ahmadnagar district. Yeola was then known as Patoda taluka. In 1837-38, parts of Ahmadnagar district consisting of Sinnar, Chandvad, Dindori, Nasik including Igatpuri and the Peint state were made into a sub-collectorate under Ahmadnagar. The sub-collectorate of Nasik was, however, abolished in 1856 and its talukas incorporated in Ahmadnagar district. In 1861, Nimar peta under Sinnar and Vani peta under Dindori were abolished and a new sub-division was formed with headquarters at Niphad. Head­quarters of Karnai taluka included in Trimbak peta was transferred to Igatpuri town in the year 1861-62 and the name of the taluka was changed from Karnai to Igatpuri taluka. In 1869, Nasik was made a full-fledged district, with eight sub-divisions of Ahmadnagar (viz. Nasik, Sinnar, Igatpuri, Dindori, Chandor, Niphad, Yeola and Akola) and three sub-divisions of Khandesh district (viz. Nandgaon, Malegaon and Baglan) together with Peint state. Shortly afterwards, Akola taluka was returned to Ahmadnagar. In 1875, Baglan was divided into two talukas, Baglan or Satana and Kalwan. Peint state became British territory and was made into a sub-division in 1878.

There were no major changes in the district or taluka boundaries between 1901 & 1948.

Consequent upon the merger of the Indian states a new mahal known as Surgana mahal consisting of the former princely state of Surgana, was created in 1949. In 1950, 11 enclave villages which formed part of Nandgaon taluka were transferred to Aurangabad district. Two villages (Salher and Vaghamba) from Surat district were added to this district. Four villages were transferred to West Khandesh or present Dhulia district.

Nashik as an Independent District was formed during 1869. And from 1869 District Collector started functioning here at Nashik as their head quarter. Till now 97 Collectors have hold the post. 1st Indian to hold the post of Collector was 36th Collector Mr. Kothawala who was ICS. Since then District of 13 tehsils was there and from 26th June,1999 2 new thesils were formed viz. Deola and Trimbakeshwar. Deola was formed from Malegaon, Kalwan and Baglan (Satana) Taluka where as Trimbakeshwar was formed from Nashik, Igatpuri and Peint taluka. Alltogether area of Nashik District is 15,530 Sq. Kms.



Disclaimer: Site designed, developed & hosted by National Informatics Centre (NIC), Collectorate, Nashik.
NIC will not be responsible for any decesion taken on the basis of information in this website.
Contents supplied by various Government Offices. Site optimised for 800 X 600 monitor resolution